There are 2 relay exchanges:
The first relay exchange is just beyond the start area at the Harness Racing Museum & Hall of Fame, 240 Main Street, Goshen, NY and requires no transportation by car.
The second relay exchange is at the Chester Depot, 19 Winkler Place, Chester, NY.
Relay transportation is ON YOUR OWN for 2017 (no vans will be provided).
Directions from the Orange County Government Center Parking lot, which is across the street from Relay Exchange #1 at the Harness Museum to the Chester Depot by car are as follows (total distance is approximately 6 miles). Please note that Main Street will be closed during the marathon so the following directions will take you around Main Street:
- Exit the Orange County Government Center Parking lot (across from Relay Exchange #1 at the Harness Racing Museum) by making a right turn onto Erie Street (heading away from Main Street / Route 207).
- Turn left onto Montgomery Street
- Turn left onto North Church Street
- at the light, turn right onto Greenwich Ave (Route 207). This is not the sharp right (Main Street), but the soft right – look for Route 207 signs.
- Go about 6/10 mile and turn left onto the 17M connector road
- Cross over South Street and continue on 17M for about 3.6 miles
- At the light in Chester (Mobil Station & CVS), turn left onto Route 94
- At the T, turn left onto Main Street (still Route 94)
- At the firehouse, turn slight right (still Main Street)
- Take the 2nd right onto Center Street
- Bear right (around the building you will be facing) onto Howland St.
- Turn left onto Winkler Place
- You will see the old train station (Chester Depot) on the left
- Runners will be coming from the opposite direction, from the underpass on Meadow Avenue, then to Greycourt Avenue to the Depot to make the exchange
Parking for the second relay exchange in Chester is wherever you can find a spot. There is parallel parking on Main Street in Chester, before you get to Center Street. In addition, there are spots on Center Street & Howland Street (Winkler Place will be closed for the Farmer’s Market). You may also park in the field across from 15 Greycourt Ave., just past the relay exchange area. All spots are a short walk to the relay exchange area. The parking lot for the trail (the side that the porta potty is on, or towards the right if you are facing the trail from the street) will be unavailable for relay parking, as this will be used for the exchange area, as the runners come up from Meadow Avenue and Greycourt Avenue to exchange with their runner.