& Good Time Trotters Relay
Join us on Sunday, October 20, 2013 at 8:00 am for the inaugural running of the Hambletonian Marathon & Good Time Trotters Relay in Goshen, Orange County, New York, about 60 miles north of New York City. Run through the beautiful rolling roads, farm lands and trails of Orange County enjoying brilliant fall colors and amazing views as you go. The finish line is on the Goshen Historic Horse Track and will include a Finish Line Festival with many post race activities! Don’t miss it!
Hambletonian ® Marathon
Proceeds to Benefit:
Join us this Saturday May 18, 2013 for a training run on the first loop of the course (11.5 miles). Meet at the start of the Heritage Trail next to Trailside Treats at 7:30 am for the start.
If you would like to do the first 8 miles of the course, meet at the Hartley Road entrance to the trail at 7:10 am for a ride back to Goshen for the7:30 am start (access Hartley Rd. from 17M at Rix Gun Exchange – go about 1 mile and the trail entrance will be on your right).
Turn by turn directions are available (you can also print these out by clicking on the link HERE).
Shorter distances can be done be going out and back on the course, or out and back on the Heritage Trail, if you are just starting out and building your base mileage.
Hope to see you there!
Training Run this weekend – SATURDAY, April 20 at 7:30 am. Meet at the entrance to the Heritage Trail in Goshen (by Trailside Treats) for the second loop (14 miles) OR meet in Chester at the Depot at 7:10 to leave your car there for a ride back to Goshen to run the second loop up to the Chester Depot (10 miles), where your car will be. Carry your own water & Gatorade. Hope to see you there!
Shorter distance options are out and back on the course, or out and back on the Heritage Trail, for those just getting started and building their base mileage.
TRAINING RUN THIS SATURDAY 4/13/13. FIRST LOOP (11.5 MILES) AT 7AM OR SECOND LOOP AT ABOUT 9AM (14 MILES). We are starting AT THE START LINE, vs. the trail, so please meet in front of Limoncello’s on Main Street in Goshen.
Two of us will be doing both loops to complete the full course, so please wait for us to finish the first loop before starting the second loop – the 9am time is approximate but should be about right.
- If you want to do 8 miles at 7am, arrange for someone to go with you and leave one car at the entrance to the Hartley Rd. entrance of the Heritage Trail and drive the other back to Goshen for the 7am start. You will run from the start to the 8 mile mark on the course, where one of your cars will be.
- If you want to do 10 miles at 9am, arrange for someone to go with you and leave one car at the entrance to the Heritage Trail at the Chester Depot and drive the other back to Goshen for the 9am start. You will run from the start area to the Chester Depot (miles 11.3 to 21.3 of the course = 10 miles total), where one of your cars will be.
If you need further clarification, please call me (Kathleen) at (845) 527-3825.
Hope to see you then!
First training run of the season is being held this Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 7:30 am at the entrance to the Heritage Trail in Goshen – next to Trailside Treats, 28 St. James Place, Goshen, NY). Possible distances are:
- 5.5 miles (run 3.25 miles of the course then head back to Goshen)
- 7.75 miles (run 4.75 miles of the course then head back to Goshen)
- The first 8 miles of the course – meet at 7:10 am at the entrance to the Heritage Trail on Hartley Rd., which is accessed from Route 17M between Goshen & Middletown, for a ride back to the start line – please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in this option so I can make sure I have room to bring everyone back to the start line.
- The full first loop of the course, which is 11.5 miles (or about 12 miles when starting and finishing from Trailside Treats)
Water & Garotade will be placed at mile 8. Directions will be provided and the course will be marked.
If you are working on building your base and want a shorter distance, meet us at the start and you can go out and back on the Heritage Trail for fewer miles.
Hope to see you all there!
Happy Spring (almost)! We plan to resume training runs on Saturday April 6, 2013, so check back the week before. We will post details by Wednesday or Thursday 4/3 or 4/4. Hope you all had a great winter and are ready to train!
The Hambletonian ® Marathon & Good Time Trotters Relay is happy to announce Ken Shelton as our official race day photographer! After the race, click HERE to search for and see your race day photos!
Winter training runs will be postponed until further notice since the trail sections of the course are snow covered and therefore impassable. Check back for updates in March/April (or sooner if we have a period of warm temps). Keep your base miles up and we will see you in the spring when training for the Hambletonian “really” begins! Have a great winter and stay warm!